Note: these resources are not a replacement for therapy. I am not responsible for the claims, information, or representation given by these resources.
In emergencies, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
For immediate distress support:
- Mental Health Crisis Line (Ottawa): CrisisLine.ca/about-us
- Distress Centre (Ottawa): dcOttawa.on.ca
- Crisis Services (Canada): TalkSuicide.ca
- The Walk-In Counselling Clinic: WalkinCounselling.com
- Counselling Connect: CounsellingConnect.org/contact-us
- Youth Services Bureau (YSB): ysb.ca
Help for Specific Issues:
- Trans Lifeline: for trans peer support that is divested from police, visit TransLifeLine.org
- Black Youth Helpline: BlackYouth.ca
- Indigenous Women’s Talk 4 Healing: for peer support, by and for Indigenous women across Ontario, visit Talk4Healing.comTalk4Healing.com
- Overdose Prevention: For anonymous, non-judgemental, client-led overdose monitoring, download Brave for iPhone or Android, available here: TheBraveApp.com. Volunteers are available to follow through on an overdose-prevention plan of your design.
- Gambling: For support around gambling, gaming, and technology, visit ProblemGambling.ca/gambling-help
Find free guided meditation practices at the following sites: